FreeBSD 5.0

by vivin

Installed FreeBSD 5.0. Of course, nothing went as planned. I downloaded the ISO’s and burned them, but the CD’s turned out to be worthless as they wouldn’t boot. Don’t know why. So I ended up with a couple of coasters. I decided to do it instead through FreeBSD. It worked this time. Got my system pretty much the way it was under 4.7. I still have to set up CUPs. I did get Samba working again. Although, I should document my work a little better. It would be easier… especially with Samba… I spent 15 minutes trying to work out a kink… My quick and dirty journal file only had the remark “search the web for relevant documentation”. It took some time to find what I was looking for. Well, anyway… it looks like it’s working great…